BCA (Bachelor in Computer Application)
Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA) is an undergraduate degree course in computer applications. With the rapid growth of the IT industry in Nepal, the demand for computer professionals is increasing day by day. This increasing growth of the IT industry has created a lot of opportunities for computer graduates.
Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA) of Tribhuvan University is one of the popular courses among the students who want to make their career in the IT (Information Technology) field. The duration of the course is 4 years and divided into 8 semesters. It comprises of the subjects like database, networking, data structure, core programming languages like ‘C’ and ‘java’. This course provides a lot of opportunities to the students who are interested in the computer field and wants to work in the IT sector as a programmer or software developer.
The objective of the BCA program at the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of Tribhuvan University is to produce high-quality computer application users and developers.
BCA is a four-year undergraduate degree course in the field of computer applications or computer science. After BCA the students can do further studies as MCA master in computer application. It is a common degree for CS/IT universities and is an alternative to the engineering counterpart, BE/BTech in Computer Science/IT which also takes four years. It is a technical degree that prepares students for a career in the field of computer applications and software development.
Eligibility for Admission In BCA
The candidate applying for BCA program must have:
- Successfully completed twelve-year schooling or equivalent from any University, Board or Institution recognized by Tribhuvan University.
- Secured a minimum of second division (45%) or minimum D+ grade in all subjects in the twelve-year schooling or equivalent.
Candidates who pass the entrance exam taken by university will be interviewed and the selected candidate from the interview will be eligible for admission.
|Computer Application (Core Courses)||71 Hours|
|Elective Courses||12 Hours|
|Mathematics and Statistics Courses||9 Hours|
|Language Courses||6 Hours|
|Social Sciences and Management Courses||15 Hours|
|Projects and Internships||13 Hours||Extra Project Provided by college||13 Hours|
|Total Credit Hours||126 Hours|
- CACS 101: Computer Fundamentals & Applications
- CASO102: Society & Technology
- CAEN103: English I
- CAMT104: Mathematics I
- CACS105: Digital Logic
- CACS151: C Programming
- CACS151: Financial Accounting
- CAEN153: English II
- CAMT154: Mathematics II
- CACS155: Microprocessor and Computer Architecture
- CACS201: Data Structure & Algorithms
- CAST202: Probability and Statistics
- CACS203: System Analysis and Design
- CACS204: OOP in Java
- CACS205: Web Technology
- CACS251: Operating System
- CACS252: Numerical Methods
- CACS253: Software Engineering
- CACS254: Scripting Language
- CACS255: Database Management System
- CACS255: Project I
- CASC301: MIS and e-Business
- CASC302: DotNet Technology
- CASC303: Computer Networking
- CAMG304: Introduction to Management
- CASC305: Computer Graphics and Animation
- CACS351 : Mobile Programming
- CACS352: Distributed System
- CAEC353 : Applied Economics
- CACS354 : Advanced Java Programming
- CACS355 : Network Programming
- CAPJ356 : Project II
- CACS401 : Cyber Law & Professional Ethics
- CACS402 : Cloud Computing
- CAIN403: Internship
- : Elective I
- : Elective II
- CAOR451 : Opreations Research
- CAPJ452: Project III
- : Elective III
- : Elective IV